Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Life Long Learning

I purposely opened a Maybank account for the sake of using it for online shopping. You know, most online sellers they are doing transactions using Maybank. So, without wanting to further bother my friends and my father for using their accounts to do money transferring, I decided to have my very own Maybank account. Well, why should I be using others’ accounts? Can’t I just cash deposit to anyone’s account without having to have an account? Yes, I can. But usually, the price of things you are buying will not be in a fixed number like 10, 50, or any amounts which you can use RM10, RM50, or RM100 notes. Some sellers said they will return the balance, I once believed it but in my case, she did not return the balance. Lucky it was only RM1 balance. She said she forgot it. Another forgetful seller did not include a necklace which I should be getting as a free gift upon buying a blouse. The price you have to pay when doing online shopping, receive no balance or incomplete set of items you bought.

However, since I opened my own account, I only did one money transfer transaction I guess. I just did not feel like buying things online anymore. Until last week, I decided to buy a blouse from an online boutique so I went to the nearest ATM in order to do money transfer. I tried for more than 5 times I think, but the machine kept saying that my PIN is incorrect. I returned home, relaxing the mind. Then I remembered that I saved the pin somewhere, I checked it. Nahh…no wonder lah.. I really have entered the wrong PIN and I was so confident that it was the correct one that I didn’t bother to check it first. Well, now that explains how long I have not been using the card.

So this afternoon, I went to Maybank PKNS. I actually had the feeling that the branch does not cater to all transactions of Maybank and I was confirmed about it once I passed the door and took a queue number and sat down on a bench with other queuers. It was a very bright afternoon and I had to take another bus to go to another Maybank branch which is at Section 18, Shah Alam. Since I just arrived at PKNS, I did some walking around there and bought super cheap Cadbury Zip for RM2.99 per packet at Sri Kota. I bought two packets of them and would want to buy many other things but considering the fact that I have to go to Section 18 after that, I wouldn’t want to carry those things with me along the journey. Besides, Section 18 has Giant and Mydin too though I will only be going to Giant, as usual. Macam kesian giler plak nak bawak brg byk2 dr PKNS ke 18 then ke 17 pulak an. Now I feel like having my own car. Don’t know why but since carrying the title third year student, I feel poor at myself for still having to board public transport. I had the money to pay for the down payment but, I would feel terrible to ask parents to pay for the monthly debt. Sigh.

Alright, so I went to Section 18, had lunch first, Mcd, of course. Then to Maybank. So many people but if I’m not mistaken, they were withdrawing money from BSN. New service from Maybank? Nevermind.

As soon as I entered the bank, I had to deal with the front counter officer first since she will be giving the number and stuff. I still don’t get it why this branch do not have a more advanced system, I mean using the machine which gives queuing number to customers. The front counter officer was quite unfriendly in facial expression, intonation and choice of words I might say. As I told her my card has been blocked, she asked me to fill in a form which applying for a new card. I was curious, wouldn’t it be any easier solution to just unblock my card instead of applying for a new card? She said no. Alright, I followed her instruction since she was the boss then LOL.

My curiousity answered when the akak who entertained me at the counter said she will unblock my card in a minute and asked me to try it immediately and yeah, it worked! =) thx akak Farah~ da la comel, baek hati plak haha. Lebey2 plak an aku puji.

Da alang2 tu, aku pon tanya pasal Maybank2u, cana nak register and stuff. I did what she told. Now I have Maybank2u oredi. No need to go to ATM anymore. With Maybank2u, any transactions could be made from your home. Dah cam promoter dah haa..lupa nak apply scholarship Maybank aritu lol.

However, I still haven’t made any transaction using Maybank2u since I am having problem getting TAC number. I thought I wouldn’t receive it since I have been waiting for quite some time so I requested for many times. Now all the numbers have expired since we have to enter the number while we are still logged in to Maybank2u.. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment