Friday, April 1, 2011

Sick

Health is wealth.

As a healthy human being, we may not realize the truth of the above statement. But the meaning will come to the realization once we fell sick. Like I was, last week.

It was an important week, content with test of the subject I’m afraid most! and microteaching (a fear of everyone!) and a deadline for some assignments and it was the week I fell sick, real sick. Out of blue, I felt sooooooo tired that I told my housemate, “I feel exhausted like just came back from a mountain climbing”. On the Monday night, I treated myself two hits of panadol and was wearing socks during sleep and the fan was purposely let working toward the direction of the wall.

When the morning arrived, I felt even more tired that the whole parts of my body aching, my chest so stuffed that I wanted to vomit. My stomach fell bloated than I couldn’t wear jeans comfortably (though I wasn’t intending to wear jeans that day). Despite all the discomfort felt, I forced myself to wake up early and go to the class. I did not expect the nausea to turn worse during showering. Luckily the toilet bowl was near that it made me easy to vomit. I vomited only some disgusting yellowish fluid, it all I had in my stomach since the night.

After having bath, I decided not to go to class. It was a tough decision since lots of things to be delayed. I am the master of procrastination but making sure things done before the deadline is my policy. Before continuing sleeping, I had a glass of goat’s milk and another hits of panadol. The bloating stomach and stuffy chest did not show any reduction but I forced myself to sleep for few hours. I was actually dreaming about the test and classes I missed. Oh how a good student I am~

Soon after waking up in the afternoon, I texted one lecturer, apologizing for not attending her class and sit for the test she will be conducting. She said ok and will let me sit for the test on Friday but only for an hour, during class lesson. but she somehow didn’t forget to ask me for an MC or a letter. Huh!

It was not a good feeling to take the test while other classmates doing presentation within a shorter duration given, it was supposed to be one and a half hour test. But I survived it, but certainly I could do better under supposed regulations.

On the Tuesday night, I was a little hungry so I made a mug of hot chocolate to be dipped by biscuits. Not soon after eating and had medicine, I went to sleep. It was 9p.m. or so but I couldn’t actually close my eyes because of the discomfort bothering me again. I felt very bloated and nausea and succeeded to make some good portion of vomit. I was actually running to the toilet to throw out into the toilet bowl. However, some of the discharge was splattered to my pants that I had to change it. Only then I managed to think scientifically that I was experiencing gastritis. I didn’t have it in thoughts earlier as it feels like ages since I last got gastric. I had it a lot during schooling years but due to the changes on my eating appetite this few years, I couldn’t have much chance on gaining it. Now, I have to admit it comes again, just to act as a discourager for my slimming plan. Now I want to eat but I don’t really have appetite for anything. Could you believe, I could go to the bakery but buy nothing?! I went to a restaurant and left it full with desert and drinks only?

It cost me two days and 10 hits of panadol, the only reliable medicine I have in my super mini first aid kit, to get fully recovered. I was praying hard to get healthy back as usual, you know, I was sick. Body was aching all over and the discomfort..really, it made me reminisce the suffer cancerous patients experience and how strong they have to be in order to fight the fatal illness. Not only cancerous, any kinds of illness shall require a good deal of endurance.

So people, let’s be thankful to the health gift He granted us and let’s put some effort to maintain it. Just as what I had just taught during the microteaching this morning, let’s practice an ideal health routine in order to stay healthy. Eat well, sleep well, exercise well.

No comments:

Post a Comment